Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old Today, 02:12 PM

Default Western New York Supercars

Hello everyone!
I’m Jacob, I’m new to the forum and I’m looking for information if anyone has it. I’ve been browsing stuff on this site for a while getting info for my registry of the rare muscle cars that have resided where I live in Buffalo and Rochester in western New York. I have a couple cars, Yenkos and COPOs and Mopar and Pontiacs and all that, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any Yenkos or COPOs delivered new or that resided at one point or now in Western New York. I have a couple already, but I’m trying to expand the registry because I know there’s more out there. I believe there’s a few I’m missing from Taylor Chevrolet, Glen Campbell Chevrolet (who had a Z-11 Impala that’s in Texas now I think) and Bokman Chevy who may have had a few Yenko/COPO cars.
Here’s a small list of what I have so far

124679N709626 (which I believe to be in a collection here)
124379N666301 (delivered new to Molyne Chevrolet in Rochester)
And 124378N472062 which is the really pretty bronze car Bill Wertheim had for a time
And an unknown Z-L1 in Rochester in the 1970s

There’s a lot more on the Mopar/Shelby/Pontia side but I’m definitely more interested in the Yenko and COPO stuff.
If anyone has any information that could help me find some of this stuff I’d really appreciate it! Or if you have stories or cars delivered new to WNY, I’d love to hear them

Thank you all so much!
Jacob
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old Today, 04:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Im from Buffalo and can tell you about many that once resided here. many of the best were sold years ago and went out of state or to canada. i only know of one local sold COPO from Bokman chevrolet, and as far as i know it has not surfaced. there was 2 local 68 Hemi Darts sold and campaigned at Niagara. Holiday oldsmobile (now Basil Ford) sold many local Hurst Olds in the area. There was 1 local small block AC Cobra years ago. And everybody knows the legend of Steve Battaglia owning 7 Superbirds that he bought in the 80s and drove them everywhere.

Tags
camaro, copo, dealership, yenko