Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > AMC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2024, 10:49 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Small update. Should have a larger one in the next week or 2.
My dad and I decided that a proper gasser needs white fenderwell headers and a flip front end. Obviously no one makes one for a Rambler so we’re going to weld a hood and fenders together and try to build something fairly light. Otherwise we began cutting the inner fenders out of the car.

After some discussion with my dad I think I’m going to send the car out and have a 12 point cage put in to tie the car together since I’m cutting so much out of it. At this point I doubt the body and suspension weighs 1000 pounds. I can pick up the front end with no engine and trans by myself to put it on jackstands. I’m fairly certain with a blown 390, 4 speed, and 5.13’s on sticky tires it’s going to be a terrifying ride and while I’m not a fan of cages on a street car, I’d like to do some drag and drive stuff eventually and will need to follow the safety rules. I’m still shooting to make the car look like 1970 though.

Couple of front end removal pictures. More to follow in the coming weeks. Most of my spare time the last couple weeks was spent cleaning out the garage so over the winter we can do the bodywork and paint it in the spring.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LetsFNgo For This Useful Post:
Dave Rifkin (09-23-2024), gtomike1967 (09-23-2024), markinnaples (09-24-2024), Tenney (09-23-2024)