View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 03:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Trans update....... Had to take the exhaust system down.....and pull the trans out....... Everything looks fine but the trans pump absolutely had "0" function...... the trans fluid would just stay at the level as added while running the car without any trans function.....The Connect and Cruise systems come with a warranty so I called the Performance Tech center in the Detroit area and spoke to a Tech..... I explained everything that was happening and my assemble procedure....... I explained the adding of fluid to the converter prior to assy..... The clearance 3/16" between the converter and flex plate prior to bolting it together.......then the filling and no results experience....... He asked if I had a Chevrolet dealer in the area..... Said yes.... Told me to go there and talk to one of the service writers to get the car in....... he then explained that since I didn't buy the assy from them they might not agree to look into the issues..... Then he explained that if they did agree to get it in and found out it was something I did wrong I would be billed at Shop rate for everything done at the dealership....... Easier to pull the trans out and take it to a local trans shop for them to look at...... So.... That's where we are at now........ Still waiting on the Hydra-Boost also.....Here I thought I was a couple of hours from completion..... LOL

The Best things in life......Aren't Things