View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 View Post
Thanks Guys! I have an acre. About 20% is wooded. There is a hill with an incline on one side of the property. Flat back yard. There's a local dealer who will be getting my business - trying to shop small for this purchase - just need help on specs.

I would like a ride on tractor because over time I'm sure I'll get accessories like a bagger, plow, small trailer. The logic in me thinks high HP is better due to the small hill? Anything else I should be aware of? What size mower deck? Property isn't huge but I'd like this to be a one time purchase for many years of use...

Thanks
A compact utility tractor with 4wd, a real frame, rear three point hitch for things like a sprayer, 60" deck like a 25 hp John Deere 2210 would be perfect for that makeup. Stay away from the stamped sheet metal frame units with spindle mount wheels parked in front at the box stores. Get heavy duty enough to drag a log and still make short work of the yard.

That tractor is so handy, but we mow 6 acres so instead of spending all weekend on it, we mow with a 45 hp Dixie Chopper with a 74" deck.
Attached Images

Last edited by SMS; 07-12-2021 at 04:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SMS For This Useful Post:
67since67 (07-12-2021)