View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 07:48 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg View Post
Very interesting hood... Was this made by A&A Fiberglass? Many differences between this "original" hood and my reproduction hood. My entire hood was gel coated giving the underside a more refined smooth, but very wavy, look. Yours looks more "homemade". I really like how it looks, reminds be of a race boat.
I'm not sure who made it at this point, but from everything I have seen for pics of early glass hoods made in the 60's and 70's, they all seem to look pretty crude like this and have an unfinished look on the underside with layers of glass visible under the resin. I know A&A was a big player back in the day, but don't know if it was actually made by them? Does anyone know who was making hoods for the cars built by Motion, Dana and whoever else was putting out hi-performance cars with fiberglass hoods back in the day?

In discussing the underside of this hood with Ron, he asked me if I wanted the underside fluffed up and I told him no. It's an old original glass hood so lets retain that look on the underside. Also told him that when I roll into cruise night (or where-ever I take the car) that I'll likely gear down, and idle in with that lumpy cam only to shut it down and walk away with the hood pinned down. That'll keep most people guessing or trying to figure the car out from what they can see under and around the car.

big69fan (04-16-2021), mr.4speed (04-16-2021)