View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInsane View Post
I think I am a decent representation of the future of the market. I am 50 and grew up a huge fan of 60’s muscle. I had a 70 SS Camaro for my 1st car.

I always have loved the look of Baracudas, Camaros, Mustangs. I have a 1974 Jeep CJ5 with a built 304 V8.

In a few years when I buy some toys the ones on my list are a 2019 Challenger Hellcat, 2016 Vette Z06/Z07, Lamborghini Gallardo or a Huracan.

While I love and appreciate vintage muscle and will be the first guy to walk up and ask all about your muscle car I don’t want to own one. I would rather have a modern car with ac, more power, modern interior, great handling & brakes and all modern safety.

I think if you view your vintage muscle car purely as an investment now is a great time to sell because as time goes by the supply of cars will increase and demand will decrease.

Just my $0.02....
Bill, I'm 53 and I too am on the outside of this site looking in. BUT different from you, I have 3 old cars. I understand there not for everyone. And that's just why I like them. Many like yourself can appreciate them. As for the newer stuff, not really for me. I agree the creature comforts and stuff make them much more appealing, but then there just a mode of transportation.

I've said it on here before, my mother (not into cars at all) is 78 yrs old and has an Audi TT RS. Now 3 years ago, mom and dad DROVE this car from Ontario Canada to Mesa Arizona to their winter home. NO issues with comfort in the small car on a 3500 mile trip. It gets great mileage, plenty of creature comforts/Power, and I would bet faster than 95% of the OEM stock musclecars out there. Heck mom has the road and track where THAT car went 12.60 at 109. And she can drive it being 78 without an issue.

I still like and prefer the old stuff. Now I'm doing I guess the pro touring style with old sheetmetal and updated everything else.
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EZ Nova For This Useful Post:
AutoInsane (05-20-2019), L_e_e (04-23-2019), markinnaples (04-23-2019)