View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 06:03 AM

Steve you were not alone, I was a Trans Am and NHRA Pro Stock addict, I could not get enough of either one when I was growing up, Me and a friend of mine would bug his father to take us to the glen every year to watch Donahue in that Blue Camaro, I still like watching them race at the SVRA events, although not quite as aggressively as they used to race them back in the day. my father’s mechanic Kenny Montgomery used to Race his SS 65 HEMI Belvedere and 68 SS HEMI Barracuda, whenever he was taking either his or moms car to have repairs or inspection done I went with him to bug Kenny about his Race Cars. A good friend of mine races a SVRA Group-6 AP 69 Corvette so I go to a lot of races with him, a few years ago he decided to go Trans Am racing so he had a TA-2 Camaro built. It is a Spec car with a spec LS3 engine built by the same people. Granted it is cool but the new TA Racing is nothing like the old TA racing.. Not Even Close!!! Today’s TA-2 is like today's Pro Stock…All Camaro's and no factory wars to stimulate the competition. We were at dinner and they were talking about not being able to tweak the engines and ECM’s because they are sealed and locked.. I laughed and said, Give me a break, there is “No Way” that equipment is tamper proof. Don’t think for one second that no one is “Tweaking” the ECM or engine.. I guarantee there are people doing it.
Mark

09 G8/GXP #992
98 Pontiac GTP Daytona Pace Car #605
90 Olds Touring Sedan SUPRCHRGD L32
83 El Camino
The Following User Says Thank You to 70-SS/RS-L78 For This Useful Post:
Steve Shauger (04-26-2019)