View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 02:28 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Found some more about the Chevelle
Has all the documentation Permts , Letter from Joel Rosen / Motion letterhead etc etc
Motion Perf added rear air bags , 50/50 rear 90/10 front shocks , headers , traction bars , MSD ignition , cool can , dyno tuned engine , re- jetted Holley carb , different cam & lifters , roller rockers , etc etc . Arrived in Halifax ready to race same as any Motion car shipped

COPO built in Oshawa , dropped shipped to Motion ,trailered to Halifax by Joel Rosen and Joel Black ( Black Max funny car ) . Gil drove it several weeks sponsored by Bob McDonald Speed Shop but was disgualified due to 300 deluxe interior & SS exterior trim . As Hi Performance manager / Speed Shop manager , I bought the car and Gil's got a 427 COPO / Motion Maroon Camaro to race .

It arrived from Motion like that except the Ss427 grille emblem that came off a full sized Impala SS427 in the new car stock and was cut to fit grille moulding. . It had a blue bow tie crest for 300 deluxe . Gil wanted it changed so it was changed in the yard . . The wheel well mouldings etc and badges were on it from Motion . Possible that they were added in US . To my knowledge the rear SS emblem was factory . The car has been disputed since it arrived in Canada in 1969 ? It was a real hassle to get Reg. Of . Motor Vehicles to register it as non commercial ( passenger) vehicle due to being listed for commercial use only . That's what I recall . Car sat for months without plates and letters flying between GM and Bob McDonald to get it designated for passenger usage . Once we finally got it registered it was mid summer 69 .

Its the one to the left
Attached Images

Last edited by Carleen; 03-13-2020 at 03:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carleen For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (03-13-2020), ZLP955 (03-13-2020)