View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 03:51 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

A friend of mine knew I was looking for another car and called me a couple weeks ago as he had stumbled onto a 69 BM car that's been sitting close to me for many years. The owner was vetting potential buyers for a sale and my friend asked if I wanted to make an offer against two other guys who were trying to buy it. It was then said the number was floating around 100K Cdn at the time where he was looking for slightly more. I said it appeared like the guy was fishing and I wasn't going to play into that game.

I also told him I didn't put as much value on the Motion built cars even if backed up with paper and validated by Joel. I then offered that if I was going to pay up on a car, it would have to be a Copo or a Yenko that was in the registry, and had some provenance with known history. With that said, I'd agree with Charlie that the stronger market is going to remain with factory built cars that are far more legitimate. Even with that, I'm sure there has been a bit of a softening with many of these cars and would expect more of that in the periods to come.

Markets change...and that my friends is inevitable.