View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Funny this thread came up. About a year ago, give or take, I had this short couple PM's back and forth with Charlie on the '69 BM ZLX car. Sorta came to the to the conclusion the BM cars just hold the value for many the reason's mentioned already.

Seems like Charlie also stated, collectors are going more FACTORY cars for the $$$. Like Yenko's, COPO's etc. These converted cars just don't seem to be the one most collectors want and there soft pricing is being reflected in that.

I do think the market as a whole is in for a lot of softening in the coming years. RESTO-MODS ia where it's at and IS a growing market. The 95+ point resto's I think are actually going to be more undesirable as time goes on. SORRY not my thought's but that what I'm hearing from the market. People want to enjoy these cars. Drive them and even race/run hard without fear of hurting there value.

I can see more resto-clones being made and possibly leave the full resto's in the garage, but the exact clone or even improved clone as a driving car. Year temps are getting hotter, WE are getting older. So things like auto with OD and AC are getting more desirable.

Younger guys want the cars THEY seen, C6 vette's imports and maybe a Grand National. Those were mostly the cars they remember. Much better handling and creature comforts then the 60's stuff.

Sorry rant over.
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)