View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m22mike View Post
IMO, pushing on the shaft only increases the pressure on the piston seal, that is under spring pressure and seated and holding off flow. As the brakes are applied the rear brakes see pressure first, as pressure increases to about 40psi it overcomes the spring pressure in the ROUND HOLD OFF VALVE. Fluid flows into the line at the big nut , passed the piston seal, out the side fitting to the distribution valve, to the front brakes. Sometime watch the shaft move out as the brakes are applied by a helper.
If you wanted free flow through this valve it seems to me one would pull and hold the shaft open to unseat the piston seal.
Open to learning more if this sounds incorrect to others.

Mike
Okay, I see your point. So now I'm totally confused as to why it says in the manual....."The spring loaded end of the pressure metering valve must be depressed while bleeding. This can be done by depressing and holding the plunger in the end of the valve either by hand, or by clamping." Will doing that relieve the spring pressure somehow?? I've been trying to do this with a hand-held vacuum type bleeding tool which doesn't create enough vacuum (?) to overcome the spring pressure?? Some other instructions mention using a "pressure-type" bleeder. Not sure if that would make a difference or not?? I've ordered a new valve like I said and will let you know what I find. If it still doesn't work I'll have to find a "helper" to help me bleed the brakes the "old-fashioned" way by stepping on the brake pedal!! Thanks again for all your input Mike!!