View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m22mike View Post
Does this help at all ? I would like to understand how pushing on ,(DEPRESSING ) the exposed piston rod moves anything when the valve seal is already seated ?
Joe , your valve is most likely OK. They are easy to take apart, just used the correct socket. Most I have restored I cleaned and re used the seals.
Hey Mike, you've raised another question!! I hear that the plunger needs to be "depressed" in order to bleed the front calipers. That has come from a few sources now. With all due respect, since you've actually taken one apart and know how they work, do you think the plunger actually moves but maybe just a very small amount?? In this case, I'm gonna be a "parts replacer" and see what happens. I think something is blocking the flow of brake fluid and this looks to be a good place to start?? The way the pedal was acting (going almost all the way to the floor!!) and the actually braking was performing (not coming to a stop very fast!!) it all points to just the rears doing all the work??!! Anyway, I found a new replacement on ebay for $54.50. I'll keep you all posted.