View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 12:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,978 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by napa68 View Post
I think as time has wore on, people are looking for more that the 2.5 / 3 car garage. I can appreciate your concerns about spending the money. But also, a tasteful addition or appealing second building draws in a different buyer.

It's well documented, people have stuff........and not just collector cars.

Tim

No kidding, just look at all the self storage rental places being built in the last 10 years.
I'm probably not the one to ask about a larger building and more cars either. My wife says I'm a bad influence in that regard. I had a 2,000 sq ft pole building at our previous home because I was an owner/operator and kept my semi and an end dump trailer at home. I managed to gradually fill it with cars and parts over a 13 year period and when I got out of trucking in 2013, and basically retired, I really filled it for the next 6 years. I did work 3 days a week after 2013 and still do, but that is coming to an end also.

It was very difficult to find a different home that would accommodate my hoard and we ended up with a nice home, but a 1,200 sq ft pole building. Once our offer was accepted and a closing date set, I had contractors looking at the lot and getting estimates on a second building in the back yard. We moved in in Sept and the new 1,440 sq ft building was completed at the end of November.
The house we sold was nice, but what really brought the price and quick sale was the pole building.

As William said, the car values may drop and you may sell them off, but you'll always find something to do in a bigger garage and it will increase the value of your home/property.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
luzl78 (04-10-2022)