Thread: My new L78
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 09:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdave69 View Post
Is there a '67 L78 registry? I only ask because a friend of mine from way back in the '80s had a red/black/black vinyl top L78/RS. He and his dad sold it and one of my old '69 SS 350 in the late '80s or early '90s. Supposedly had them on an open trailer headed to Atlanta when someone stopped them and bought them on the spot. I always wondered where those cars ended up.
There's an L78 Chevelle SS Registry, but I'm not sure about one for the L78 Camaros...there "should be"! They are rare cars...just to have survived. My Chevelle didn't survive, at least so far there's no word or data on it....I'm in the Registry & been looking for 15+ years. I've always loved the '67 cars best (Chevelle & Camaro)....they made sooo many '69's, and it surprises me why the '69 is more popular...maybe it's all the front bumper gadgetry (not my thing). Plus, I just prefer the vent windows! Ha!

The '67's were the last designs that held on to the simpler time with no/minimal emissions crap! So, you did well! If you have any questions about the engine, feel free to contact me as I'm building a mostly numbers correct 1967 L78 and I've learned a lot, despite having owned an original new '67 L78 Chevelle back in the day....I had no idea that thing would turn out to be so extremely rare! But, I'm not alone in that department I'm sure.

Enjoy it!!!