View Single Post
Old 01-24-2001, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Alan Green Chevrolet

Dick Tutino was the service manager of Alan Green Chevrolet during it's 60's heydays. I'm not sure if he owned the ZL-1 from day one or the Dealership owned it for a period of time.Tutino even leased the car to Boeing and it was used as a test vechicle involved in the 747 Airliner program. I do know I was the 2nd owner having bought #27 around 1975. Tutino had raced the car as a SuperStock drag car with the T-400 but (not sure what year) converted to Modified Production Drag racing. When I bought car it was Candy Red, had a Chryler 4speed and Dana 60 Diff. I did get boxes of misc parts that had been removed from original car to make lighter. I still have original brake booster, Rear seat, and Heater Box assy. Engine also had tunnel ram with two 4500 Dominator Holly carbs under Aluminum scoop on standard flat hood....all this powertrain was in stock chassis with no roll bar let alone cage or frame connectors.
Torque used to buckle left qtr panel and I would slap the distortion buckle out from inside trunk. I did drive car to a 10:19 myself but a better driver could have done better....anyway I've gone on too long....Dick Tutino is probably still in Seattle area and he could probably tell EVERYTHING about Alan Green Chevrolet, now the site of Glen Grant Chevrolet in Burien,WA immediately south of seattle proper
thanks, chuck sharin
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO "recreation"