View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: DANA LICENSE PLATE FRAME

I am new to the discussion board, but contacted Rob four years ago about my car. I have a sunfire yellow 67 435 horse Corvette coupe Dana apparently kept for their personal use and sold as a "new" used car in 1970. I also have a 67 GT500 and recently found out that Dana was also an authorized Shelby dealership; a friend of mine has a 66 GT 350 that is an original Dana car!

The Corvette's invoice shows it was delivered to Guardian Chevrolet Brea CA. Dana (Mr. G. W. Pickens) issued the Protect-O-Plate in April of 67. The owner listed on the Protect-O-Plate explained he actually purchased the car in 1970, which coincided with the handwritten date on the back cover.

The Sting Ray is equipped with California smog, close ratio four speed, 370 rear gear, N11 exhaust, F41 suspension, redline tires, power disk brakes, am/fm, power windows and tinted glass (See Pix). It is a well documented 435 horse car with a complete owner history and its original window sticker, tank sheet, owners manual and Protect-O-Plate. The first owner also told me he replaced the original 427 with an L88!

The car still has its original transmission and differential, and I went to great pains to assemble a part number/date code tri power 427 to look like it was never out of the car. The Corvette has been re-painted, but the undercarriage is unrestored and the interior is original except for the carpet.
Attached Images

Last edited by Joe Sikora; 07-26-2020 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Update