View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 09:19 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyJeff View Post
Car Looks great !!!! I agree Cars done perfectly, while I'm not a big fan of restrored cars. I love the nice "Natural" look to everything. Killer Job Graeme ! thanks for documenting all this with us
Thanks Jeff...

I was originally planning just a minor clean up and changing out a few incorrect parts, but admit it did morph into something bigger. Even with that, I was not intending to over restore anything, just clean it up...detail what I could while I was already in there and make sure the sum of the parts were better-matched when I was done than what they were heading into it.

Along the way some of the car was thoroughly cleaned, a few small areas were blown in or restored and much of that IMO was done better than the previous owners' attempt. The brakes were completely rebuilt using much of the original parts, the fuel system was redone, and the engine was further detailed to finish it off better now than it was previously, but still has some patina on the top end.

I'm more than tickled that a few others share an interest in these cars on sYc and the various ways in which one can approach a cleanup or mild restoration like this. At the same time...I'm totally digging the car and its cleanup and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

And for those who have offered advice or parts along the way...Thank you!
ZLP955 (05-26-2020)