View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 02:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
Interesting, Jim. I have the factory bulletins describing the black out and where it goes. Didn’t know about the battery tray blackout. You have some reference photos of that?

What I think is funny is that you mentioned the lower radiator cradle part not getting a whole lot of color or blackout. I’ve even seen the lower edges of the rockers just covered with a slight mist of color. But in regards to that, the common belief is there was some kind of “pit” that the car rolled over and the guy spraying the blackout was in there spraying upwards. No such “pit” existed to my knowledge, and no photos exist if this “pit”. I always found that myth funny. Think about it, if there was one, wouldn’t that bottom portion of the radiator support get a full coat? And furthermore, you think they’d shove some dude in a pit all day just to spray one section of a car that would take about :30 seconds? What’s he going to do in between cars? It’s not like cars were heading down the line so fast that guy would be doing 2500 a day! And if he was in a pit, how’d he reach the other areas of the grille to be sprayed? Would he be halfway in the pit so he’d have to duck every time a car came his way or he’d be run over on the assembly line? And how would they keep others from falling into this pit? Or if they did, do they now become “pit people”?!? See, think about it logically and it just doesn’t add up.

Thanks for answering all my questions! You’ve forgotten more stuff than I’ll ever know...ever!

Beers and Beck then blackout to come!

Cheers
Dave
Here is an original paint FJ6 T/A - battery tray and some of the inner fender that got hit with black-out.
The T/A's and AAR's cowl and fender blackout (Organosol was used on them only) was done neater (masked) at the cowl area because of the fender Organosol.
Attached Images

Last edited by RS_COPO_Canuck; 07-08-2020 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added