View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 05:00 AM

Default Re: 1970 396/350 ss nova for sale

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty nice looking car...Fathom Blue is a great color on a Nova 731 interior is the plain jane trim..car should have rubber mat, taxi cab vinyl seats, etc. looks like the grill and bezels are regular Nova...seller was upfront and said there were some minor issues...overall looks nice...would like to see some more pics...CR is 10.25 on that motor and I've never seen a VIN by the oil filter on a BB Nova....others may have different info. Any docs or trans info...??? Nice car....good luck with the sale....you couldn't build it for that price

wilma

[/ QUOTE ]i did some checking on a few sites before i bought it and some said on the 70's the # could be in both places this has engine # on deck and complete # on side above oil filter ?? tell me what you want off trans,theres a tag on the side of it ,give me some #'s i might be looking for,or something.car is sitting in storage ,but i just registered it this week and could bring it down here now to check out more specific things,also seat carpet and seat belts are original to car,and dated .the guy who had this car couldnt pay the resto bill, so when it was sold the shop kept all the paper work,and picts of resto ,and he wouldnt give their name..so i have no paperwork, i looked in alot of nova book,s and sites and could find no difinitive ways to prove or disprove whats here. but all date #'s match on the components..so if you know what else to look for let me know.any help would be well taken thanks bob