View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Loose door mirror fix

This is a simple 5 minute fix........I had a problem with my loose rear view door mirrors moving around.........I got mad and decided to try and correct this issue..........as everyone knows the mirror is held in with a snap ring that you can see around the outside edge of the mirror as assembled........I didn't care if I ruined the mirror ........so......Hummm!!!......How do you get this snap ring out.......I got a very small screw driver out and I thought that maybe I could catch it just right and pry it out.........Hummmm!!!!........as I was pushing on it with the screw driver I noticed that the mirror moved in........Pushed it in and the ring came right out along with the glass.........ends up there are three small springs that are located in pockets in the housing...........Keep an eye on the springs as they will just fall out of the pockets when the glass and back-up plate are removed..........Once you get to that point there is a strap that applies pressure to the ball to keep the mirror in place.........Tighten the two phillips head screws and Bingo.......the assy is tight ........reassemble the springs (put some grease on them to keep them in the pockets) .........reinstall in backing plate and mirror..........Push them in and reinstall the snap ring............Problem solved............

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kwhizz For This Useful Post:
big gear head (09-05-2017), camcojb (09-05-2017), L78M22Rag (09-05-2017), mssl72 (09-05-2017), SS427 (09-05-2017)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...