View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 11:19 PM

Just my thoughts having worked for a couple of GM and 1 Ford dealer in the early 1990's in retail sales, fleet sales and retail/fleet management

I have seen all sorts of mix ups... options listed and never added to the vehicle at the plant, options added at the plant which were never ordered, trucks with both GMC and Chevrolet badging, Camaros and Corvettes with obvious body damage repaired BEFORE the cars hit the lot...and countless other issues..

When it comes to customer ordered cars dealers will "do what it takes" to facilitate a delivery...after all the customer has been waiting for their car and no dealer wants to lose a sale on a special ordered unit. and be stuck with it...where it hits your floorplan. I personally have pulled grilles and badges off one car to go on another, changed wheels and tire combinations, added options which should have been there from the factory, etc...all in the interest of saving a sale.

My guess is the car was ordered with Rally's, but a supply chain issue prevented the option from being added to the car...in their place XT wheels were added.. the wheels could have been added due to theft and the need to put wheels and tires on the car for a sale...

As far as the rally caps being on the XT center...that SCREAMS dealership ingenuity to facilitate a sale...a GM or sales manager will again "do what it takes," and some quick thinking...and smooth talking..."hey it will be unique and 1 of 1 (used it before) goes a long ways...

No dealer wants to lose margin and often will find the cheapest and quickest way to get a sale over the curb....much less expensive to use XT wheels and add a rally center...than order new wheels and trim...not to mention having the Service Dept hit your deal for labor...lol

I'd bet that was the case here...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1903USMCUnertl For This Useful Post:
Pro Stock John (12-17-2021), scuncio (12-20-2021)