View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 12:54 PM

I really like this car!! I’m just having a hard time connecting all of the dots this is a Baldwin Motion Camaro in the strictest sense and not a car bought at Baldwin and converted a few years later.

Given the narrative the car was ordered through Baldwin and converted before retail delivery..I personally wouldn’t expect a passenger car L72 block to be in the car. I’d expect a CE coded block.

It makes sense the car was ordered as a L78 and an easy way would be pics of the fuel line. I’ve always understood Rosen ordered the cars that way through Baldwin to take advantage of the engine top end and HD suspension. Also because he recouped part of the conversion cost by selling the short blocks to guys looking for more HP.

What is to say given the lack of paperwork this wasn’t the case with this car.., and it just worked out the engine casting/stamping date is before the car? I mean the heads, intake, etc.. would have been off the L78 and therefore dated correctly.

How logical is it someone had Motion pull a L72 out of a big car and then the short block was used on this car?

Does the car retain the mechanical fuel pump? Are there components that could be dated that are on the car which Motion added?

Given the block stamping, mileage and engine parts which post date the notion of being done in 1968 before delivery., coupled with the lack of paperwork.. to me the car is more logically a L78 bought at Baldwin and then converted a few years after.

Still a great car which anyone would love to own.. including myself.

Just my thoughts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1903USMCUnertl For This Useful Post:
cook_dw (01-20-2023), x Baldwin Motion (01-21-2023)