View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Plexiglass scoop

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brent396</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does any one make the plexiglass scoop iam looking for one and what colors did they come in lets see some pics </div></div>

Brent, two companies made clear plexiglass scoops for tunnel rams back in the day. There were small bubble type scoops made also.

One was Northeast Performance out of NY. Made a large grump lump in clear, smoke, blue, green, red and orange.

The other one was PSP which made scoops in clear and smoke. here is a picture of the ad.

The candy red/blue Nova pics I posted has a PSP scoop on it and his friends early Nova has one as well.

I had a green Northeast scoop at one time.

I have never seen another NP other than mine nor a PSP scoop ever.

I seriously checked into having these scoops made from my green NP scoop. For starters the plexiglass was 1/4 thick (but when vacuum formed went to 3/16)and several companies that I contacted that could vacuum form this thickness wanted something like $300-350 each and that was not covering the material which is very expensive in 1/4&quot; form. They also wanted to do something like 75-100 minimum because these companies do 500-2000 vf's per day and did not want to stop their lines.