View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 10:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

It’s been a while since I started this thread. I’m still working on the car whenever I can, but progress has been slow. I have spent time collecting more Day 2 parts, and plenty of vintage decals/stickers that match those in the Petersen archive photos.
One research aspect that I wanted to share relates to what I had believed to be the car’s name. I found the remains of a decal on the driver’s side quarter glass, and after much research, matched it to one that Pete L posted here at yenko.net a while back - ‘Dyno Tuned by Fiasco Automotive’. Then when I looked back at the 1971 Lions photo (top of page 1) showing ‘Fiasco’ on the quarter panel, it looks like there is ‘Automotive’ below that, and possibly the shop address/phone number below that again.
Then I looked back at the documents I got with the car, the original owner ran an auto parts business in Canoga Park but lived in North Hollywood not far from Fiasco Automotive. So it’s possible the car was tuned there and lettered up for some publicity.
The guy I bought the car from told me it was named Fiasco, but now I think that was understandable but mistaken.....
Now I need to see if I can find anyone who could reproduce that decal; chances of finding an original must be almost nil.
Ran at Lions Dragstrip and Pomona Raceway, with paint by Bob Kovacs of Fresno.