View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 02:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdk1976 View Post
Never understood what a 'friend price' is. If he's your friend he would offer more than $1800!

I agree with the above that the car is worth several times that.
I worked for a very wise Lady in the late 80's & early 90's - over 20 years she took Budget Rent a car franchise's - Memphis from six or 7 cars in the mid 70's to 1500 cars and Greenville from 13 cars in the mid 80's to 1500 and then sold them back to corp. she told me... If your believe your business offers a valuable product at a fair price - HOWEVER WITHOUT a discount your friends aren't willing to buy from you when they need it.
You will not be in business very long.

I rarely want to price a friends stuff... if they aren't willing to price it, I figure I can't afford it, then again I have "not" priced friends parts before and they sold them for 1/2 or less than I would have given them on the spot. SOOO sometimes you are damned if you do... and damned if you don't. IMHO none of it is worth losing friends or damaging relationships.

Lately I tell them if you make the same offer to someone and they throw a number out below xxxx CALL ME,
I don't want to offend a friend with a number they think is unfair, if they severely under priced something because of not keeping up with pricing and I realize that - I will say - hey that's worth double or triple that- if they say I know take it anyway, fine, however I am not going to lose a friend to parts or money.
NOW if a friend or hell anyone has something I really wanted... I would start making offers until it got either
- A - out of my price range - like SERIOUSLY OUT of my price range.
OR
- B - got obscene enough that I ended up with it.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos