View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 11:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Need some guidance on a 42 HD Motorcycle

WLA bike. I know they made about 80,000 of them. Belonged to a friend of mine who died recently. His widow has offered it to me.

As with most of these, it has been "civilianized". Black paint is presentable. New seat cover years ago but has been stored in living room environment (literally, it was in the guy's living room before he got married 30+ years ago) and then stored in an enclosed patio, also heated and cooled.

Engine is not locked up. Turns relatively easy with the kick starter. I did not turn it much, as I just wanted to see if it was locked. Could hear air escaping from the compression, as I am certain there is no oil on the rings. Would really like to get it running.

Missing the air cleaner assembly. I have not viewed a diagram, so I am not sure, but looks to me like it is also missing some sort of adapter for the air cleaner. Choke moved easily and the throttle moved easily. Don't see any other missing parts.

I know less about antique Harleys than I do about women. In other words, I know nothing.

Is it worth $9k as it sits?
Attached Images

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...