View Single Post
Old 10-18-2022, 09:02 PM

I've found the owner of the Viking Camaro. He passed away in 2016. He also ran a Camaro known as Viking 2. He was out of Chicago.

Many times these drag cars (Viking, etc..) would be showcased in a dealership prior to an upcoming drag racing event. Yunker, Hult, Bob Johnson, Dale, and Broadway all sold Chev Supercars in '69 in Wisconsin. This event at Braeger could have been a showcase for a Great Lakes Dragway event. Many times drag cars sat on the showroom floor in the days prior to an upcoming drag racing event. The Nova could have been loaned to Braeger (or dealer traded) to drum up hi-po muscle car sales.

A few years ago I was offered the Dale Chevrolet archive of invoices for 25K. I have no idea where they ended up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
this photo of the Funny car and Yenko Nova was posted on FB

Is this photo at Dale Chevrolet?

someone posted that it is from Braeger Chev ?

I found an old photo of Braeger and a ad from Dale 1969 advertising 1969 427s

it is early in the investigation of this car so some conflicting info is coming out.

I think it will take some time to get all the info correct , and paperwork , photos, etc

I searched for the Viking Funny car on a FC site and didn't find it but found the Dale Super Hugger run by Bernie Adams from Milwaukee, WI.
The Following User Says Thank You to 69hurstSC For This Useful Post:
JoeC (10-19-2022)