View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 08:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,130 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
this photo of the Funny car and Yenko Nova was posted on FB

Is this photo at Dale Chevrolet?

someone posted that it is from Braeger Chev ?

I found an old photo of Braeger and a ad from Dale 1969 advertising 1969 427s

it is early in the investigation of this car so some conflicting info is coming out.

I think it will take some time to get all the info correct , and paperwork , photos, etc

I searched for the Viking Funny car on a FC site and didn't find it but found the Dale Super Hugger run by Bernie Adams from Milwaukee, WI.
I lived a few miles from Braeger in 1969 and am virtually certain that is where that photo was taken. They were the first 'Mega Dealership' in the area, located in a former department store. Not really a performance dealership but sold a lot of everything, including performance cars. Have the pop from a Garnet Red L78/M22/ZL2 Camaro sold there. Still in the same location today.

The circa 1962 photo is the former location, when Bob Braeger and Jim King were partners. They parted about that time, Jim King opening a small dealership in a residential area on the SE side of Milwaukee. Showroom still there. The former King-Braeger store is now an Auto Zone.

Last edited by William; 10-16-2022 at 08:23 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to William For This Useful Post:
bobbezss (10-26-2022), dykstra (11-03-2022), JoeC (10-17-2022), PeteLeathersac (10-16-2022)