View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 09:15 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Not to nitpick, but the description says starter is 9K8 for October, and K is November is it not? That would be late for this car given that it was built the first week of November. The VIN is 363 cars after mine and yet the diff if 4 days earlier than my car. My diff is BU1028G1 and I was always told that the diff should be stamped very close to the car's final build date as it was the last driveline component to be installed?

The D in DZ is also a vastly different font from my pad (narrow D where mine is the wide D). Would the gang stamp not have been loaded the same fonts for an engine built and likely stamped within a few days of each other. Being that they built around 600 cars a day, this car would have perhaps been within a day behind my car if not built the same day (Around November 3rd-4th). Curious how it's known this is NOM in this car other than maybe the stamp font being different? I take it the car's history is known and that it was once passed off as being non original motor? Body sequence # is also 6500 lower than my car which was a 10E build date.

Very nice looking car it is, but fully restored at 41,000 miles so it would appear.

Last edited by NorCam; 02-04-2020 at 09:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCam For This Useful Post:
jerry455 (02-04-2020)