Thread: possible copo
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 09:26 PM

Default possible copo

I am newly registered to this board but have used it as a reference for a while. I wanted to post some info on a 1969 Camaro that I just purchased as "food for thought" for this website. A check with Mr. Cunneen and his records did not yield any info. The car is believed to have had four owners(excluding myself) and its history is known to 1981 when it was purchased with a 327 4speed, painted Lemans blue with a white top. It was driven until 1988, then parked until now. I bought the car rolling from a friend who had it for two weeks and wanted the non original 327/4 speed out of it. The car's tag info is 302149BDY 05E 711 61 E X11D80. Vin 124379N649841. It has the original 309 master and disc assembly, 3/8 line, exhaust plate, bbc heater box w/blower motor stamped 3/69, Harrison 4 core 4 speed radiator stamped "O F O" on pass. tank,"O I" on driver's tank. It is an original 4speed car w/ Muncie speedo cable and it has what appears to be original cowl induction wiring exiting above the fuse box with relay on firewall and cowl induction throttle arm with no switch. The cowl hood has a weathered grommet but is missing the flapper pieces. I also sanded a portion of it and found burnished brown paint. The car has small block engine mounts(no part#s) and a small block cross member but has a big block z bar. The rear is coded BE 06 11 G 2 and the casting appears to be E 26or8? 9(corroded). The tubes are welded to the pumpkin and it has old J bolt traction bars. The front leafspring perches are tack welded to the body. The interior has a rosewood wheel, no gauges or console. The hearsay is that it had a big block in the 70's and is believed to have been in Rhode Island all its life. The car is very solid aside from slight quarter lip, fender and rear glass channel rust and the overall "weathering" of it looks like it hasn't been touched for a while. It has a rear spoiler with the thicker tension rod. I acknowledge that anything could have happened to this car over the past 33 years, lack of documentation, and am aware of the date coding supposedly being before the body build. However, the 05E build and 06 11 on the rear are so close that I felt I should post this car's facts. I bought the car thinking it was a 4 speed SS car to build a clone ZL 1 but now I'm not sure if I should go that route. Any input is appreciated. Thanks-Chris.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 280528-MVC-028S.JPG 24831-heater box.jpg 24830-copo8.jpg 24829-copo7.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...