View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 11:43 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,202 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Burg View Post
That's so cool Tim, a sweet sound indeed! Which points are you running? I installed Blue Streak DR-2371XP points and DR-70X condenser in a Delco distributor, not sure if those will fit a Roto Faze. Granted, I'm not spinning 7,000rpm with my 496 but my buddy has good success with them on many high rpm applications.
It looks as though the Roto-Faze is using points from a Y block Ford. Originally, it uses 2 sets. 1 of them was removed and the remaining is utilized to trigger the MSD box. That is exactly what was done on the dyno (and they bounced). I am contemplating what I am going to do moving forward. The Roto-Faze is a locked distributor. In other words, no advance curve.

Certainly, I can change to something else and have and advance curve. I can utilize the stock L78 distributor and trigger the MSD with an M&H hall effect switch.....that's an option. I kinda dig the Roto-Faze. It's a good conversation piece to someone who notices it.

I have a Corvette in the shop that I need to get finished up for a customer, as well as another Corvette to finish and get up for sale, before I get back on the Camaro. I'll get the Camaro running and see how the starter likes 38-40 degrees of timing advance and then make some decisions. I never checked the timing before I took the car apart. Honestly, Paul had it running so good......I never thought to fiddle with it. My bad.

I'm really struggling to not work on the car.......
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to napa68 For This Useful Post:
big gear head (01-14-2023), L72Chevelle (01-14-2023), NorCam (01-14-2023), RPOLS3 (01-15-2023)