View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Sam Griffith's 1969 L78 Chevelle...WOW!

Thanks Verne - kind of you to say.

I do want to make sure the record is straight on one account. I have still not seen the entire magazine yet, but it appears the editor may have lumped my car in under the "unrestored" category, i.e. a theme of the magazine as per the title of the cover. Is that correct (maybe the contents page reveals this)? If so, I would characterize that as using poetic license. If I were selling the car, I would use stronger language. Although many portions of the car ARE unrestored (paint, interior, trunk, etc.) I would NOT consider my car unrestored as a whole - engine bay and front suspension have been fluffed. As a writer (I use the term loosely) you do not always have complete control over the final product. The editor has unbelievable constraints and as Terry told me he must serve numerous superiors. But I am learning this fascinating trade which has been an enjoyable process thus far. I am completely appreciative of the editor's confidence in me at trying this challenging trade - so, do not construe this as looking a gift-horse in the mouth. It's all good. There are a few minor errors, but essentially the car is depicted as I intended and I hope that I conveyed the interesting story beyond the metal, rubber, & vinyl of the car itself. To me, this is where it is really at!

I'm done blabbing now.