View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 06:29 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

Nothing real groundbreaking as I collect items to setup for the annual Stones River Swap Meet if anyone in the middle TN area enjoys find old rusty junk. Feb 5th. Now that the plug for the meet is done and I now move on to the one project I did start this week. I've been tripping for this thing for too long.. Bought this pump at the same swap meet a few years back. Anyways, its a 326 pump just wrong date. Plus it has the 3/4" NPT in the top. So I started out like every other item. Citrus degreaser and Scotchbrite pad. Then soaked overnight in Evaporust.

Photos 456 - 458 - Before cleaning.

Photos 459 - 460 - After Evapo bath and you can see that plug is gonna give me issues.

Photos 461 - 462 - I tried almost every tool in the arsenal but nothing would budge that pipe plug. So I said screw it since I had to put an adapter in it anyway I''l just just it off at the casting and drill and tap it. Then I took a small hammer, punch and worked the area over a little and then lightly hit it with a scotch wheel and threw some rattle black on it. I think it'll pass the 50ft test.

Photo 463 - Shout out to Tony (Scuncio)) as I got these off him a year or 2 ago and got them cleaned up ready to be installed on the mouse motor.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to cook_dw For This Useful Post:
dykstra (01-25-2023)