View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 03:44 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks for the invite.

I bought the car around 1983 when I was just a teenager for $400. The motor was blown and was sitting in a shed behind the car. It was fathom green with black bucket seats. It had it's original M22, 12 bolt with 4:11 gears, and a perfect rosewood steering wheel. All my friends had SS Chevelle's at the time including my other car which was a 71 SS. Being young and stupid we sort of knew what we had but parted it out anyway. I remember holding the original build sheet in my hand which stated all the options including the L89. The bad part is we sent the stripped carcass to the crusher with the 12 bolt and rosewood steering wheel still attached and the build sheet wadded up laying on the floor pans!

The reason I remember this car so well is for it's rarity and also the fact that out of boredom one day I beat the windshield pillar posts with rocks and folded back the top like a convertible before we sent it to the crusher. What was I thinking? My old friend has pics of this event I need to get.

I have thought for years to go check and see if the original blown motor is still sitting in the old shed. After 35 years I'm sure it's just a memory like the car.