Thread: 69 Camaro X22
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 copo View Post
Please Steve calm down. I never worked at Norwood a day in my life. What I did was meet the men who built the cars and to prove that I take them to car shows all over the country to meet the public and the hobby.

Several years ago after I assisted Pilot Car registry and documented Camaro VIN 0001 I was banned from the CRG. The same issues that were present then are present now. If I posted at Team Camaro I was attacked there, now I am being attacked here at Yenko.net.

What we have here is an opportunity to learn. The Norwood Retiree who ran the machine says that there is nothing wrong with that body plate, and further opined that the plate was likely pressed right after a maintenance cycle on the machine.

You see Steve I broke no rules - insulted no one but I appear to be under some thin skin here by simply asking a question- a question coming from the guy who ran the plate embosser.

Now history is replete with beliefs and and science being rewritten due to new research and discovery. Sure there are lots of fake "Trim Tags" out there but please consider this-what if a percentage of these tags considered fake are actually legitimate and not recognized as such simply because some people jumped to conclusions as to what was "real".

Have we really closed our minds to learning new things about our cars?

Think about that for a minute.

Phil,

We agree on one thing "we were not there". I'm not sure why you constantly bring the factory workers into the discussions, yet you are their sole voice. Although we were not there, many of us have had a passion for these brands for 40 plus years and OUR observations and the data collected is vital to move this hobby forward so we can gain knowledge.

It seems to me you have a closed mind. For instance the fender extension marking discussion. You tried shut down the dialog (closed mind), rather that letting the observed fender data points provide information that would lead to a possible discovery (which it did). Instead you tried to make the markings fit your narrative, even though it was quite obvious you were trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole.

Lastly, we all respect those GM workers that built the cars we love, and we are forever grateful for their contribution. I'd appreciate if when someone's opinion differs from yours, you wouldn't turn it into we are against those that built the cars. That couldn't be further from the truth, and you're doing them and our members a disservice to imply that!!!

In the end if you feel the tag is real that is fine, but don't try to silence those that feel different.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
70 copo (04-28-2020), bergy (04-28-2020), BLACKLS5 (04-28-2020), X66 714 (04-28-2020)