View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 03:45 PM

Hi, I think it is a U.S. built car. They stopped building Antwerp cars in late 60's.

It has a mp/h speedo, so I think it was a import, or maybe from an american soldier, who might had sold it over here.
I will snap a pic of the cowl tag these days! I will do the PHS documentation soon.

The cut down spoiler was some stupid german "law". They said it is too sharp on the edges.
The old guy told me, that he was pulled over by a motorcycle cop, and he gave him a ticket. So he had to cut it down.

A few years earlier I found and bought a '77 SE T Top Trans Am, black 4 Speed, "Bandit" sitting at a old tire shop here in the countryside. I asked what's up with it, and the guy gave me the number of an ex G.I. who was a helicopter pilot over here in Stuttgart.
He had the TA registered with army plates, and everything was fine. Then he got married, and stayed in Germany and the car was registered here. Also in Munich. He told me, damn motorcycke cop pulled him over, and he had to cut down the spoiler.
It was repainted once. The blue Stickers are not the original ones.

Wonder if it was the same cop.... now we do not have that anymore. Classic cars should ge original.

Last edited by WILDCAT_65; 12-03-2019 at 04:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT_65 For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (12-03-2019)