View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 06:51 AM

Default Another rare find '74 455 Trans Am Vinyl Roof

A year ago, I noticed an ad on a german website, like Craigslist, for a Trans Am, with little text and no price, but a picture of it sitting in a garage with old stuff around it. Beeing a Pontiac lover, and a car hunter gy nature, I was very excited. I left a message, and a guy called me back, said it belonges to a older gentleman (85), and has been sitting for a long time. And he decided it is time that he has to let it go. He told me the price which was offered, or more liiely what they wanted, and I said, I can live with that.

After looking at it a deal was made, and I came back with ny Dodge and trailer. It is running, driving and has zero rust. Except for a little bubble left front fender. He used the TA to trailer his boat from Munich to Croatia every year! See the old picture.
It has a lot of options A/C tilt steering, 8 track(he gave me a little box with old 8 tracks from the 70's! How cool!) Power door locks, 455 engine, and a

VINYL ROOF!

Here is my question. Does anybody know how many Trans Ams with vinyl were made? I only have found one picture (also a white one , but S.D.) on the net.

When we jade the deal at the man's house, I noticed he was a collector. Had old nutcrackers, old clocks and a few model cars and other stuff decorated in the rooms. So when picking up his old car, which he bought in the 70's at a Opel/GM dealer in Munich as a used car (probably 1st hand) I gave him the Ertl 1:18 '73 model as a little gift. He was near tears, but said, he can now still see it when he is sitting on his couch, and that is fine!
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 74 ta red w white vinyl top.png 1974 Trans Am SD-455 - vinyl top - custom paint - Sweden (1).jpg 12027589_10205112764042934_703154299787162840_n.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...