View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 12:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Hi Tim! There are a few updates with the 67, although nothing major....

Graeme, I will have you know The Prospector is home in it's tiny tract house two car garage, no longer living life in the big fancy shop

That being said I decided to drive the car on the street... again. My house is about 12 miles from the big fancy shop so I figured I'd drive it home and have my wife follow close behind since the car didn't have plates on it... what could go wrong?? Thankfully nothing! All I can say is it's very tempting to not push the go pedal all the way down and after about 10 miles with everything feeling "normal" I couldn't resist any longer. Rolling into first gear nice and easy roasted the Pro Tracs like they were on ice, second gear same thing.... OK 496 + M22 + 4.10 gears X2 Pro Trac Tires = ZERO traction!!

All that aside I got the car home and slowly started working on it. First, I installed the roof weatherstrip channels after restoring them. Second, I took the "Soft Seal" weatherstripping out of the package. This stuff is anything but SOFT! Not gonna work so I ordered OER Latex weatherstripping for the roof and doors. WAY better, nice fit too (at least on the roof, haven't done the doors yet).

Then I installed the 1/4 glass pretty easily, followed by the vent windows and ANOTHER dilemma strikes.... The rubber I used, also "Soft Seal", didn't seal up against the door very good leaving at least a .0625" gap. Vent window back out and disassemble again... Tried Steele Rubber Products and the fitment is MUCH better but still not as tight as I'd like, but it'll do. Next was the door glass. Now I have all the side glass about where I want it

Not sure if you all remember the small rust spot forming on the driver side 1/4 panel but that required us spotting in that area and blending the clear on the roof and passenger 1/4 panel as well. Needless to say back to sanding and polishing... will it ever be done?? Almost done the polishing. ....

I'll get some pictures soon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
big gear head (12-17-2021), dykstra (12-17-2021), ScottG (12-19-2021), Xplantdad (12-17-2021)