View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Here's a resurrection of an old thread. I actually figured out how to read these cards. Quite simple in all reality. There are really no big surprises on the cards (except for one that I won't post on a public forum(fraudster block)). The confusing part is that the "option" section has all those punch-outs, but that data really just corresponds what is already written across the top of the card. Many of us assumed it was many or all of the RPO codes for our cars. I posted a thread on Team Chevelle and I can do one here if I can get my photos sized correctly and still have clarity.

I showed how to read what is on my black 69 SS computer card and what numbers correspond to the trim tag. I found the body number, trim number, body style and last three digits of the last line on the trim tag. This repeated itself on several cards that I read and had data on the trim tags.

I'm guessing this was more of a Fisher Body tag since info needed during body assembly is noted on the card (body style, body number and seat type for seat mounts. If anyone has a different view on this, please let me know.

Here's the link to my thread:

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/15-...ciphering.html

Last edited by Woj; 05-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woj For This Useful Post:
GotGrunt (05-06-2019), olredalert (05-06-2019), PeteLeathersac (05-06-2019)