View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 09:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Alright Goldfinger (dubbed you that 2 months ago today as a matter of fact)

Just perused to thread again to get my fix. Any updates on getting the car home or pics of the hood finished up and assembled on the front clip? I'm also imagining that you have dragged it home and are now ready to start cleaning up the engine bay and the underside of the floors etc?

Post updates when you can, and of course we'd love to see Miss Moneypenny with the car pictured at home.

Cheers
As Mr. Bond once said, "There's a saying in England: Where there's smoke, there's fire." Couldn't be more accurate! Where do I start? I guess I can start by telling you that my friend (who is a professional detailer) and I probably spent 60 hours sanding and polishing The Prospector. After he was satisfied with the finish, yes he's pickier than I, we added three layers of SB3 Trinity ceramic coating. The result is just STUPID! It looks like the panels were stamped from Fort Knox's finest bullion.

Other than that I've been helping my dad with his 67 L78 Chevelle. He purchased the car a couple years ago. It is a spectacular car that scored 996/1000 at the 2010 MCACN where the restorer showed the car. The car has several other accolades but it was a trailer queen. Whoever assembled the engine did a pretty lousy job. I don't know who built it. This car has a pretty amazing history. It's had a bottom end noise since he got it and it's only gotten progressively worse. Pulled the motor and the #8 rod bearing was spun. Waiting for the crank to get polished and cut. Already had the line bore straightened out, as well as the rods. Was nice to see NOS TRW .030" over pistons in there. Trailer queens aren't my cup of tea, I need to drive them. The previous owner probably didn't even know there was anything wrong. The car is SPECTACULAR!!!!

Once we get that princess put back together and out of the shop I can rack up my junk and remove the front clip and sub frame. I haven't forgot... Pics will be on the way!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
454_Malibu (12-22-2020), billj (12-22-2020), markinnaples (12-22-2020), NorCam (12-22-2020), Xplantdad (12-21-2020)