View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 11:10 PM

As of right now, we don't do any EPA testing where I live and never have. So not really sure why I would be concerned whether the EPA knows my cars run on currently available pump gas. My advice would be to get your classics off that expensive stuff that is getting harder to find, and apparently may go nearly extinct from the sounds of it.

I started building pump gas friendly engines a couple decades ago. I got tired of the hassle of mixing fuel, or even finding it. Even 20 years ago that was expensive, and airports were already cracking down on guys bringing in cans to fill. I can't even imagine now.
That all got old pretty fast back then. Couldn't drive the car for any distance at all, and never really got to enjoy them as a result. Then we got tired of new cars and the direction they were going so we decided to drive the classics daily. That caused me to rethink how the engines were built and the changes I needed to make so I could just pull into any pump and fill up. As engine builders got smarter I learned a lot, experimented a lot. Now we can have a pump gas friendly engine that makes more power than the original engines did, and they aren't snarly to drive either.

We'll continue to drive them as long as there is pump gas available, and I can afford it. Hopefully I'll be gone before it gets to a point it's unobtainium, and if I'm still around, I guess I'll either have to get very proficient with my bicycle or go back to riding horses.
The Following User Says Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (01-16-2022)