View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Well..... Got the engine in and now that wide open engine compartment is getting full...… Mainly on the driver side....When Jeff had the car converted to 4 wheel disc brakes previously.....they used the space available with the SBC in place while changing from the floor pedal to the firewall mount power system.....So...… A couple of things popped up after getting the LS 3 in place...#1... I think we may have to change the power booster assy over to a Hydro-Boost system to gain needed space (Vacuum Booster and Coils are fighting for the same space) to provide the needed space and still provide Judy with the Braking she needs...…… #2...…. I installed a Holley 302-2 pan.....Thought there would be plenty of room...…. LOL....We will have to change the pan out to a 302-1...… (Centerlink hit's the -2 pan while going thru the steering range..... The -1 has an additional 1 1/2 clearance)…… The sump area is shorter on the -1 pan......Things you find out as the process continues.....Darn !!!!………. I'm making a new trans crossmember tomorrow so that with get the engine mounting completed...…Also it seems like there is going to be a major clearance issue with the driver side exhaust The next problem for another day...….. Two steps forward, one step back...…..

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kwhizz For This Useful Post:
Arrowsmith (03-08-2020), dykstra (03-09-2020), markinnaples (03-08-2020), PeteLeathersac (03-08-2020), Tenney (03-09-2020), Xplantdad (03-09-2020)