View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 12:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,974 Times in 1,393 Posts

My "shop" 2 years ago, shortly after we moved in.

Summer of 2020, we spent the entire summer insulating the sides, stepping the front trusses for an overhead door, hanging a ceiling and blowing insulation in and installed a radiant heater. My wife helped me a LOT on this. She even drives the fork lift around with me on a pallet doing the high work. And the fork lift is a manual trans...

This corner was the subject of this weekends work. It's hard to see, but there are 3 white switches over against the outside wall. The back 8' of the building was a previous owners work space and the switch of the lights back there is one of those. One other powers the exhaust fan in the peak and the other an outlet they had in the loft for a radio and party lights. WHY anyone would put the switches way over there has been a mystery an annoyance to me. I have 13 sheets of galvanized pole building siding I brought from my previous shop and decide this weekend was the time to use them up and fix the switch issue.

I pulled the patchwork of sheet rock pieces and extended the wires to the door.

Seems people in the past couldn't make up their mind where they wanted the door, as it appears they moved it not once but twice by the 2 added sections. And look at that professional carpentry...

I had already moved all the equipment from the outside wall and covered behind them yesterday. Today I got this mess put back together. I have enough sheets yet to go beyond the door another 6 feet, but that will wait for another day.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (11-29-2021), dykstra (11-30-2021), markinnaples (11-29-2021), tom406 (12-28-2021)