View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 08:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks Graeme!

I had a couple hiccups. As previously mentioned, I bought my rear end from Moser back in December. Went to install the axles and noticed we had to machine the backing plate to fit the larger 35 spline axles, no problem my father in law has a lathe and made quick work of them. Then I went to install the axles and found them to very very tight, well actually they were bottoming out against the Wavetrac. I called Moser and they accessed the blue prints to my build... pretty neat they save those files. The guy on the phone determined the bearing retainers were pressed 1/4" off of what the plans call for causing the axles to bottom out. No problem, I sent them both axles and they corrected the issue and installed new bearings.

Another "issue" with the rear end is with the perches. The perches have 1/2" holes for the U bolts, which is great however the holes aren't exactly in the right spot. Looks like Moser drills the holes in the steel then puts them in a press to shape the perches. This results in the holes being too close to the edges of the perch, not in the center, which causes misalignment with the J bolts for the traction bars. I had to clearance the holes a bit to allow for proper J bolt alignment and jam nut installation.