View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 06:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67since67 View Post
I've done this. While being judged at an NCRS Regional or National, The team leader for the appropriate year "signs off" on one or more Bowtie categories.

There is a time limit, I believe two years, to present the car at a National event for Bowtie judging only, no Flight judging. During the process, a team of several judges, four or five IIRC, will carefully scrutinize every aspect, probing all the dark corners, over a period of four or five hours. At some point Al Grenning will come by and verify the stamp. There may be an occasion question of you, but otherwise you will observe from a distance.

After all the Bowtie candidates are judged, the judges convene and discuss their finding for another couple or three hours. No judging sheets presented, you are not privy to any of the judges findings and find out at awards how many "Stars" your car is awarded. Four stars (all four categories determined to be minimum 85% undisturbed from factory production) gets Four Star Bowtie.

Tim, correct me if I am wrong on any of this. - Bill W
Thanks Bill,

So if a car passes all 4 categories, then how does one get a "5 Star Bow Tie" then?

Bill