View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 08:26 PM

Thanked 5,369 Times in 1,882 Posts

Edit:I've known THREE owners of this Camaro. I first met Jim King at Super Chevy at Devonshire Downs in April(?) of 1981...where I had taken my brothers 1967 RS/SS 396 Camaro.

Jim came up to me and asked me to do him a favor and let him use the pass that I had for my brothers car to get him in...so that's what we did.

The card for my brothers Camaro said 1967 RS/SS 396...so nobody questioned it...and he got in with no issues. I remember Jim stating that he found the Camaro in the LA Times where it was listed as a 1967 Chevrolet 396, convertible. (I'd bet that Andy (PeteLeathersac) could probably find the ad by looking up the old license plate number WET283).

Doug Marion came over to look at the Camaros...and was really impressed with Jim's. They decided to do a photo shoot that afternoon. Somewhere in boxes I have pics of both big blocks side by side...

The second owner of the car that I know is Fred Koenig from Pavilions...and you can actually see his name on one of the receipts that are in the pics.

The third owner of this Camaro was George Lyons. I believe he's the one that sold it in 2019?

I have always loved this Camaro...though I remember it having a black air cleaner top with the 396 logo...

Last edited by Xplantdad; 07-27-2021 at 09:12 PM.