View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 04:12 PM

Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Todd:

I use the Sec. of State website regularly for other purposes.

I think what you are seeing here: https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInfo...?id=1900242926

is the beginning of Alan Merrell purchasing the business from Seltzer. Merrell took over the business in 72, used a start up corp with the name (Seltzer) in it, with permission from the previous owner(s), and operated for a short period of time as Seltzer Chevrolet before changing the name to Alan Merrell Chevrolet. So, the info is a bit misleading.

I have no idea how the business was titled before then. Could have been a sole proprietorship or a partnership, but no records with the S.O.S.

The SOS doesn't license every business in Oklahoma. If you type in my name, you will see Lynn J. Bilodeau PLLC starting operation on May 15, 2009. I operated my own law office for 13 years as a sole proprietorship prior to May 2009, but nothing was registered with the sos until I formed my professional llc.

</div></div>

Yup, it only makes that list if/when you are issued a business license by the state I guess. Unfortunately, you don't get that kind of ownership/name change information save for local knowledge. I have identified several dealers correctly for people using this method though. Also, if the business name did not include &quot;Chevrolet&quot; it makes the search much more difficult! Thankfully, most did.