View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 02:11 AM

Default Hand tool preferences

I have accumulated a real mixture of hand tools over the last 50+ years of wrenching. I started buying most of the common tools at age 18, when I went to school - mostly Craftsman at that point due to the quality (mostly made by Easco), a smattering of SK (a brand I sold as a distributor), and finally a few Snap-on, primarily after calling on the hand tool plants as a cutting tool supplier. I hate that Craftsman tools are mostly sourced offshore now, after Easco ended as a brand/supplier in the late 90's; guarantee was always a big drawing card.

Having said that, I can tell you first hand that Snap-on Tools are tops in class, premium material and process quality tools, mostly if not all made here in the U.S. I had the distinct honor to supply some of their cutting tools used in manufacturing ratchets, breakers, end wrenches, chisels, punches and other tools, witnessed forging, machining and finishing operations right down to final polish and plating. Top shelf stuff, but unfortunately way out of my price range -

Regards,
Steve