View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 11:45 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Smile

Moving along...slowly...L-O-L

I couldn't find a correctly built front cross over brake line plus I needed to plumb and wire the line lock. So...I built all of those lines myself from stainless steel. Hardline and all fittings are from Earl's. This is the completed line lock plumbing. This is one of those "looks easy enough" tasks, but to get it right takes some time:

This is a photo of one of the ways I figure out brake line bends:

Here's one of the "successful" lines (many aren't so successful!):

Some of the seemingly simple lines can prove challenging. Case-in-point is this feed line to the line lock. It consumed several mistakes to get it done:

I like to use a Weatherpack connector for things like the line lock. If it ever fails, then it's easy to remove and replace.

This is a wee bit amusing when I look back at it. Huge mess (in my old garage) building cutting, annealing, bending, flaring line. I prefer to anneal the hard line prior to flaring, hence the need for the MAP gas. Otherwise the line can crack. In addition, I lap the female side of the flares.

Here's a couple of photos of the finished brake lines:

Another thing I did was to send off the hood hinges, springs, hood latch and catch to Steve Gregori just before he sold Detail Plating. The car originally had these parts nicely painted, but that bugged me . I also replaced/added a number of ground straps.

This link will take you to a video that details the tools/equipment I use to build brake lines. There are a number of tools, ideas and tips you might not consider at first glance:

https://youtu.be/_9dibgkmPoU

That's a wrap for this segment. I'll be back...L-O-L
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowsmith For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (02-15-2023), big gear head (02-14-2023), dykstra (02-14-2023), Tenney (02-14-2023), Xplantdad (02-14-2023)