View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 03:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

I have plans to attend. Sherri and I plan to drive. I am meeting a member here to pick up some parts (tires, wheels center caps and a damper) that I purchased last spring. Sound familiar Ryan? As an aside, I took some parts to Ryan at MCACN about 5 years ago (has it really been that long?)

My 92 year old mother came down with covid. It is touch and go whether she is going to pull through. Hospital released her after two days, and there are only two rehab facilities in the metro that will accept a covid patient. Not great care available at either one. I am trying to set up some private home health care, but can't do anything until I get some Dr. orders; so I am working with that office trying to get this done. I am her medical poa, and just will not be able to attend if she is not stable enough. Even worse would be her passing just before we plan to take off. I have to be here for my family. This is a horribly stressful time for everyone.

Of course, Mom could pull through. She is a tough old bird; and I mean that in the best way possible. You would not believe the things she has been through in her life. Being born four months before the depression started and staying in Central and Western OK through the dust bowl is just the tip of the iceberg. Won't go into all the details; but most folks would have just checked out had they had to endure what my mom has endured.

If she is stable and back in her apt at the assisted living center (a really nice facility here in OKC) then we will probably make the trip. If not, and IF someone passing through this way has of room for four mounted tires and wheels, I was hoping they could bring the parts back this way. I can meet on I35, as we are less than two miles from I35 North of OKC.

If it doesn't work out, I will just pay to ship.

I know we help each other from time to time. I have been on both ends of those deals multiple times. Charlie sent me an air cleaner assembly and wouldn't even let me reimburse him for shipping. Just said "merry christmas". I remember finding a really rare posi spring plate from a COPO for a member here who had broken one in a customer's BE rear axle. He sent me some really nice restored parts I didn't even ask for just as a return gesture of kindness. Then there was the Motor Spyder wheel fiasco that I was able to help Steve with on the Crusty Cuda. I just helped an elderly couple here in town sell a really cool Metropolitan. Sold it to the first guy that looked at it. The seller called me up the next day and asked how much he owed me for helping him get it sold. The answer was zero. I told him I play with cars as a hobby and for fun, not for profit. I have nothing against guys that do this for a living, and do not begrudge them the fruits of their labor. We each have our place.

If this works out, great, but I do realize it is a long shot.
67since67 (11-05-2021), PeteLeathersac (11-05-2021)